Central Foundation Boys' School
Headteacher: Mr J Brownhill
Head of Sixth Form: Ms P Osman
In 2012 Central Foundation Boys’ School achieved a 99% pass rate at A-level and was graded ‘outstanding’ by Alps placing it in the top 5% of post-16 providers nationally for value added. It has been in the top 10% of sixth forms nationally for value added over the last three years.
Central Foundation is a unique school. A blend of modern and traditional values. We are inspired by our exceptional history and the success of our alumni. Whilst at the same time looking always to the future.
Founded nearly 150 years ago with the purpose of transforming the lives of boys through education. We are as committed to this founding purpose today as our founder, William Rogers, was in the mid 19th century.
At Central Foundation we are committed to all our students achieving outstanding outcomes and leaving us as young people equipped with the skills, attitudes, knowledge, understanding and qualifications necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Central Foundation Boys’ School has been a Business and Enterprise Specialist School since 2003.The school has also been awarded British Council International School Status and Investors in Careers Part 2.
The school was inspected in November 2010 and Ofsted judged the sixth form provision to be ‘outstanding’ and made the following comments:
• achievement is excellent
• students benefit from an outstanding curriculum that is imaginative and flexible
• the overall effectiveness of the sixth form was rated as outstanding
• leadership and management of the sixth form were rated as outstanding
• there are exceptional links with the community, for example local lawyers and other businesses provide students with high quality support and advice when preparing for university or the world of work
• the effectiveness of care, guidance and support was rated as outstanding
• excellent support for students in and out of lessons leads to students’ outstanding achievement.
The excellent facilities of the sixth form centre include seven fully equipped ICT rooms, which are also used for teaching and private study as well as a common room. There is a large sixth form team which comprises of the Deputy Head (Curriculum), Head of Year 12, Head of Year 13, Sixth Form Learning Mentor, Careers Officer and Study Supervisor.
'Staff know the students exceptionally well and the exemplary care and guidance ensure they are given highly effective personalised support.' OFSTED 2010