IC6 Admissions Policy
Applications for admission to IC6 are welcomed from all students who either currently attend one of the four IC6 partner schools and wish to continue their education at IC6, or from those students attending an external school and who wish to join IC6.
In the event of over-subscription on a particular subject or course, priority is given to students who fulfill the entry criteria and are from the four IC6 partner schools: Central Foundation Boys' School, Highbury Fields School, Highbury Grove School and St Aloysius' College.
All students applying to IC6 are advised to consult with their tutor, Head of Year, careers teacher, Connexions advisor and/or member of staff responsible for liaison with IC6.
IC6 Admission Criteria
All offers of a place will be made on condition of applicants meeting the following IC6 entry requirements:
- achievement of the minimum grade entry requirements specified by the subject of choice (please see Courses for details)
- receipt of completed application form
- satisfactory completion of Year 11
- attendance at enrolment/induction events.
Additional admission criteria for external students
- receipt of a supportive reference from the applicant's school confirming suitability for study of the preferred subject and level choice
General application guidance
Applications for entry to IC6 in September 2013 will be accepted from Monday 15 October 2012. You will be able to apply in one of two ways:
1) Online - use the online application form to complete your application - just click on the orange online application form button on the top right hand of the screen.
2) Application Form - either download a copy of the IC6 application form or, if you do not have access to the internet, please call us on 020 7017 3040 to request a copy of the IC6 prospectus including a tear-out application form.
If you use the paper application form this should be sent to:
c/o Central Foundation Boys’ School
Alternatively you can fax your application to 020 7336 7295 or scan and email it to email@example.com.
Completed application forms can be submitted between Monday 15 October 2012 and Friday 25 January 2013. We encourage students to apply as early as possible to secure a place on the course of their choice.
We aim to reply to your application within two weeks of receipt regarding a date for an informal interview. The application interview is conducted by academic staff who will advise and guide you through your course choice. We aim to inform you of the outcome of the application interview within two weeks of the meeting taking place.
Suitable applicants who apply after the January deadline may still be invited to a meeting to discuss their application within one month of IC6 receiving the application. Where popular courses are full applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Applicants from IC6 partner schools
Priority will be given to those students who attend IC6 partner schools. Applicants from IC6 partner schools will be supported through the application process by their school.
Non IC6 partner school applicants
IC6 has a commitment to offer places to students from IC6 partner schools. This means that the places we can offer to students from other schools are restricted and competition is high. In order to help us to allocate these places fairly, we have a set of criteria against which we judge applications.
• students who are hardworking and enthusiastic as demonstrated by their reference and/or predicted grades
• date of application (applications received after Friday 25 January 2013 are less likely to be successful)
• students with significant sporting or other extra-curricular achievements which demonstrate commitment
• students who wish to study subjects which are under-subscribed.
It should be noted that the curricular offer is subject to the availability of specialist staff at the start of the academic year and sufficient numbers enrolled on the subject/course.